Thursday, March 19, 2009

Lost

No, not the TV programme, just yesterday.
I have been having a real ball going back to my all time love of FME (Free Motion/Machine Embroidery).
There is something simultaneously energizing and relaxing doodling with machine needle and thread and embellishing a simple piece of fabric. I have been enriching some glorious black wool fabric and some natural white wool knit for art to wear. Creating wings for Nike (the Goddess, not the shoes) has proved, and in fact is still proving an interesting and worthwhile challenge as I work out how to make a bolero/wing outfit for initial display and then to actually be worn at a later stage.
I am using conventional machine and overlocker thread to keep a matte finish to all my work: my hubby was v.v.impressed with my efforts so far and with someone who lives with my out-of-brain creations on a regular basis, to get that sort of accolade is truly something else.
Off to share the rest of the night with the birthday boy (aka my hubby) and no more stitching for the rest of the evening

No comments:

Post a Comment