Friday, April 3, 2009

Working again

Had the day off but have renewed the creative cells a little too much already!
For those of you in Australia and NSW particularly, I live at the foothills of the Blue Mountains: I went up to Katoomba today and just became a tourist again, enjoying the sheer beauty of the place once again.
On the way home we stopped in Hazelbrook at Selwood Science and Puzzles: WHAT a place to be inspired by.
Amazing old garden as you go in, but each room of the old house is dedicated to different items: games/puzzles/jigsaws (such as Escher, holograms, 3D puzzles)for adults (OK, some kids too). There is a kids room, a science room, a book room and a fun science 'try me' room with interactive playstuff.
My inspiration came in the book room with some of the 3D and optical illusions...all of a sudden I was thinking just how I could achieve some of the effects in my own style.
As I am going to be the inaugaral Artist in Residence at the Newcastle Creative Embroiders and Textile Artist weekend in May (Kurri Kurri TAFE McLeod Road, Kurri Kurri) I thought that would be the place I started developing this theme.
I will let you know if it is open for the public, but I am planning my work already. And another visit to Hazelbrook!

No comments:

Post a Comment