Friday, November 28, 2008

Here today, gone tomorrow

I have not been hiding from the blog backlog, just been catching up with 'stuff'...you know what that is like! Time consuming is only part of it. Couple that with the number of phone calls we have been fielding regarding our upcoming trip to India and Sri Lanka and I am so far behind I'm in front! And my intentions about the packing updates have gone by the wayside also: am actually off to cull some of the gear right now.
If we had been on our original schedule, we would have been transiting via Mumbai on the first day of the terrorist action. As it is, we transit in about 8 days from now with hopefully everything more sorted than it is now. I am sure it will be much more security with each leg: I know that's a good thing, just means even more time at airports. I am taking bamboo circular needles and some wool to knit I-cord while I kill time
We fly to Delhi, visit the Taj Mahal (not the hotel), maybe Jaipur, but other than that, a few days in both Old and New Delhi before we head south to the cardamom (spice) hills and Cochin. All up about 2.5 weeks in India, then off to Sri Lanka. And, no, we will not be going up north where the Tamil Tiger action is.
I may just post occasionally while on the road so you can check up on our well being if you are so inclined.
For everyone (just in case my intentions are better than the reality), enjoy whatever end of year celebrations are appropriate to you. We will be back on home soil on December 30, just in time to sleep through all the New Year's Eve fireworks. Have a glass or 10 of bubbly for us

No comments:

Post a Comment