Monday, October 20, 2008

Missing in Action--longish

I arrived home after a visit to Birmingham (England, not Alabama), staying at the Barton's Arms, a great pub near Aston Villa. The Aussie couple who have been managing (my former next door neighbour's son/my children's occasional babysitter and his wife and 5 month old baby) are heading back home a week after me, so I was glad to get some time with the baby-Riley- before the Grannies were on the scene
On my way home I stopped in Singapore for 2 nights at a brand new hotel, Hotel Re, at the back of Chinatown. Fantastic hotel if a little away from lots of stuff, but taxis are really cheap and efficient.
I had a Javanese massage at the hotel to try and get some of the travelling kinks out of the way...I hurt as I was being massaged but felt great, went out to have a laksa and then slept like a top until 3 am...must have watched the BBC news talking about the economic meltdown until I fell asleep again until 11am which is when Singapore seems to wake up. Caught a glimpse of myself to realize I was wielding serious Javanese bruises!!!!!!!!!!!
Try explaining that to your hubby before you arrive home...forewarning +++.
Got back to the Blue Mountains and hit the decks, trying to hide from everyone and everything for a while as I tried to get over whatever it was I have had on the road: at this stage, I still do not know what made me so sick. I have lost over 10kg (22lb) at least and everyone has commented since my return: so many so that I started to worry that I must have lost more than I thought and had to advise that I do not have any sinister disease!
My husband is leaving work after 26 years and we are going to India and Sri Lanka for 6 weeks from mid November until the end of December (avoiding Christmas)...of course, he had not really done anything while I was away, so we have been frantically getting visas and some accommodation sorted...another reason I have been recalcitrant. And cranky with the S.O.
For those of you after the free pattern...give me a little time while I work out what is happening with the web gurus now that we are all on the same continent and accept my apologies in the meantime

No comments:

Post a Comment